Privacy Statement of the fair-fish international association
Status: 28 March 2021
The legally binding German version can be found here.
In the course of your communication with the association fair-fish international (fair-fish.net), including its online fish database fishethobase.net which you engage in as a member or donor, when ordering information or advertising material, as a representative of another organisation, as a media representative or otherwise, we may collect personal data that you have communicated to us and store it on our servers or transmit it to service providers contracted by us. The data of fair-fish.net are administered on a database.
This Privacy Statement explains how fair-fish.net uses your data and what we do to protect it.
What data do we collect?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Details you provide to become a member or donor
- Contact data such as first and last name, telephone number, e-mail and postal address
- Payment information, as a basis for our bookkeeping
- Notes on communication with you (correspondence, information provided, etc.)
- Other details that we are required by law to collect
- If you communicate with fair-fish.net, we may receive further data from you, e.g. your profession or your position in an organisation, company or authority, which we need to ensure that you receive information tailored to your needs.
What do we use your data for?
We use the data we collect:
- to provide you with the requested information or materials
- to send you information via your preferred communication medium
- to evaluate and improve our website, printed materials and services
- to investigate complaints and resolve technical problems
- to analyse our websites and printed material as well as user behaviour and to produce aggregated reports
- to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
Your data is used exclusively to fulfil the mission of fair-fish.net. We do not pass on your data to third parties.
In order to be able to provide our services, however, we may disclose your data in the following cases:
- to service providers whom we have contracted to support our business activities. They are obliged to treat the data as confidential and to use it only for the services provided to us;
- owing to legal obligations, to prevent misuse, for the purpose of personal security or to protect the public.
In principle, we send you information with your consent only. We assume this consent if you have declared to be a member of fair-fish.net, if you subscribed to one of our print or online publications or if you have otherwise asked us to provide you with information on a regular basis.
You are free at any time to revoke or limit this consent.
We will only send you advertising material if you specifically ordered it.
The prices of items such as books, T-shirts, etc. are calculated to cover our production costs. Any profit resulting from the sale will be booked as a donation for the fulfilment of our association’s purposes.
fair-fish.net does not tolerate unsolicited commercial e-mails (spam). We do not send e-mails to anyone without their permission, and we do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to third parties. This does not mean that we can prevent spam on the Internet.
If you believe that you have received an unsolicited e-mail from us, please contact the relevant complaint address below.
The protection of your data is important to us. We store, process and secure your data on servers which are maintained exclusively by Swiss companies and located in Switzerland, and which are protected by physical and technical security measures. This includes enhanced firewall and password protection for our databases, physical access controls for our buildings and files, and restricting access to your personal data to employees and service providers who need this information to provide, develop and improve our services.
Use of web analytics services
fair-fish.net does not use any third-party web analytics. Your data remain exclusively and fully with us.
Adresses for complaints and data access
If you want to know which data we have stored about you, if you want to inspect the data stored about you, if you want to correct or delete data stored about you or if you want to make a complaint in connection with the use of your data, please contact us:
- fair-fish.net, Talweg 159, 8610 Uster, SWITZERLAND, tel. +41 79 255 61 77, e-mail: email@example.com
- If your residence is outside Switzerland but within the EU, you can also contact our EU data protection officer: Sebastian Scholz, Barbarossastrasse 76, 09112 Chemnitz, GERMANY, tel. +49 371 912 243 31, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We kindly ask you to send us your inquiries and complaints by e-mail so that we can reply quickly.
Make sure to send us your request from the e-mail address we last used to contact you. We will not be able to consider requests sent to us from e-mail addresses which we have not stored, also for reasons of personal protection.
Inquiries about the data of another person will not be answered, unless the inquiring person provides us with appropriate authorisation from the person in question.
If you contact us by post and expect a reply by post, please enclose the required return postage (or a reply coupon from abroad for the required amount). Please also understand that postal replies are much slower.
In principle, we will not delete data:
- which form the basis of our accounting (last name, first name, place, date, amount),
- which are part of restricted lists (last name, first name, postal address, e-mail address).