Fishermen from Baoût in the Saloum, Senegal (Photo: Michael Hauri)
These would be “fair fishes”
In fisheries we want,
- that fish only remain in the fishing gear for a short time (max 30 minutes),
- that they are immediately stunned and killed outside the water,
- that workers in fishing, processing and trade are paid fairly,
- that the habitat of the fish and the fishermen is protected.
- In our project in Senegal we have set the example for this.
In aquaculture we want,
- that fishes spend their entire lives in conditions appropriate to their species,
- that workers in fish farming, processing and trade are paid fairly,
- that the environment is protected.
- Our FishEthoBase provides scientific basics.
To date, there are no offers on the market that meet our requirements.